My Photo
Name:
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Shameful Blogger...

Yes folks, I admit it, I'm the blogger of the worst kind. I've been horrible with keeping fresh new content on my blog. But as lame as it is, I have an excuse....work. I have been so overwhelmingly busy that even eating has become a chore. I long for my college days when I could skip class if I wanted and not have any serious repercussions.

I miss the days of just waking up when I felt like it and then walking to Bongo Java to enjoy a nice cup of coffee while sitting on the porch studying (people watching!).

Still as I reflect on my college experience and realize just how much I enjoyed that life - I wouldn't trade my current life for anything. Sometimes Satan tries to trick me into thinking that the grass is greener, but it's not, I know the truth in my heart. There is nothing more empowering than knowing that you live in truth - it took me a while to figure that out. C.S. Lewis helped me figure that out - God used "The Screwtape Letters" to reveal truth to me and it was life changing. I still go back and read that book to help nudge things back in perspective, it's powerful. Sometime I'd love to venture into the book that is "Mere Christianity," but I haven't gotten far enough along in my journey to understand the complex writing on the first try....someday though...

As the Christmas holiday is approaching, I urge you all to go out and do something in the community, help those less fortunate. Since we're limited on the things that we can do as a family, we adopt Angels from the Angel Tree at church. It's a great way to give back and serve God. You never know, the one thing that you buy for your Angel could change their life. Go ahead, step outside your comfort zone and do what God is challenging you to do - you won't regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home